Anno Domini 2017
Copyright (C) Enzo Ciaffarafá, 1995 - 2017
Free and Shareware Calendar for IBM PC + Microsoft
Windows 10, 8.1, 7, Vista, x64, XP
2017 Revision History
- Build 1, 28th January 2017
(1) The engine used to calculate the position
and times of the planets has been completely rewritten to increase accuracy
of rise/set times to 1 arc second. Altitude and transit times are also more
accurate as a result. This has been achieved by making full use of the VSOP
87 tables to their full accuracy.
(2) The Sun tab now has an additional flick-switch in the top right hand corner.
When switched on it allows the user to compare the altitude of the major planets
against the Sun/Moon. A drop-down list of planets is available just above the
current date box. The flick-switch also activates the slider allowing any date
in the calendar year to be chosen.
(3) The Planets tab now allows users to select any date and time to view the
position of the planets via the chevron icon in the top left hand corner of
the Planets tab. A slider is also shown allowing any date in the current year
to be quickly selected. The chevron acts as a toggle and the date and time selectors
can be hidden by another click of the chevron.
(4) The layout of the Astronomy tab has been altered to allow for the addition
of a new function. The date and time of the Moons closest approach for the current
year (Closest Perigee) is now displayed.
(5) Clicking on the perigee, apogee, aphelion and perihelion entries in the
Astronomy tab will now link the user to the AstroPixels website giving more
(6) Use of the Real-Time Astronomy option will now update the position and distance
from Earth of the Sun and the Moon in the Calendar, Astronomy and Moon tabs
every second. It will also update the positions of the major planets as shown
in the Planets tab.
(7) The home location is now displayed in the form title of the main calendar
(8) The Calendar, Moon Phases, Astronomy and Planets tabs now show the date
range of Daylight Saving Time (DST) if applicable for the home location. Any
applicable calendar report will also show this information.
(9) The brightness of the background image to the Moon Phases, Events and Astronomy
tabs can now be adjusted via a mouse click on the new arrow button added to
the top left hand corner of the respective tabs.
(10) Links added to the PIM tab to access UK and US telephone dialling codes.
(11) The Loan Calculator now displays the monthly interest and total interest
charged of a given transaction.
(12) Professional users now have access to 26 Reports. Four completely new reports
have been added including 1 Month Landscape Big, 1 Month Landscape Small, Landscape
Planner and Sun/Moon Phenomena.
(13) The database of weather locations now includes a Where On Earth Identifier
(WOEID) for each entry.
(14) Weather forecasts are now shown for user-defined locations
(15) The date and time of the last and next Moon Phase to occur are now shown
in the Moon tab.
(16) Calendars can now be viewed
and printed from the Reports tab between years 1 AD and 1752 AD. This functionality
is available in the 12 Month Calendar, Yearly Moon Phases, 1 Year Rise/Set,
Sun/Moon Phenomena, 24 Month Calendar, 3 Year Horizontal and 3 Year Vertical
(17) Pluto has been removed from the Planets tab and replaced by details of
(18) The Moon is displayed in the Moon tab much quicker due to a rewrite of
the display code to use 32bit instead of 24bit bitmaps.
(19) The 1 Year + Events report has changed name to 1 Year + Events + Phases
and now shows a list of the major Moon Phases for the selected year.
(20) Grids now surround the calendars displayed in the following Reports: 1
Month Calendar + View, 3 Month No View, 3 Month With View and View + 3 Months.
(21) The format of the how the selected calendar month is displayed has changed
for the following Reports: 1 Month Calendar + View, 3 Month No View, 1 Month
Grid + Events, 1 Month Grid Rise/Set, 3 Month With View and 1 Month Events +
(22) When Automatic Backups is selected from the Options tab, the user will
no longer see a confirmation dialog that the data has been backed up. The date
and time of the last backup is shown in the Help tab.
(23) The View Brightness Controls option has been removed from the Options tab
and replaced by an option to Disable Popup Reminders of data/program updates.
A window icon notifying of a waiting update will continue to be displayed in
(24) The azimuth and altitude of the Sun/Moon/planets is now displayed to 3
decimal places in the Calendar, Moon, Astronomy, Planets and Sun tabs.
(25) The width of the 5 day weather forecast panel has been increased to avoid
text not fitting an individual panel.
(26) The control buttons for adjusting month and year in the Mini-Calendar have
been changed and now have arrow icons instead of text.
(27) New commands built into AD to block access to the Internet to download
weather, currencies and RSS feeds.
(28) New commands built into AD to block calculation of apogee/perigee, aphelion/perihelion,
solar eclipses/lunar eclipses in case of errors which prevent AD from running.
(29) Times for perigee,
apogee, perihelion and aphelion now correctly adjust for time zone and Daylight
Saving Time (DST).
(30) Azimuth and Altitude results for the planets are now correctly calculated
to take into account local Daylight Saving Time (DST) settings.
(31) Selecting No Daylight Saving Time from the Options tab now correctly adjusts
all times displayed not to take DST into account.
(32) Last Moon Phase calculation bug fixed in Astronomy tab which previously
could cause an incorrect date to be displayed and cause the program to freeze.
(33) The formatting of the 5 day weather forecasts displayed from Forecast.io
have been improved and various display anomalies corrected.
(34) Link to Help in Loan Calculator and Mortgage Calculator now active again.
(35) Display anomalies in Loan and Mortgage calculator corrected.
(36) All dead RSS feeds have been replaced by active feeds.
(37) Yahoo! Comic strips have been replaced by GoComics in the On This Day tab.
(38) UK TV listings in the On This Day tab have been changed to Radio Times.
(39) NASA Eclipse web page replaced by Astropixels in the Astronomy tab.
(40) Weather data for user defined locations now displayed correctly when Forecast.io
used as the weather provider.
(41) Clicking on the location names with a left or right click of the mouse
in the Sundial and Weather tabs will now correctly display weather forecast
information from Yahoo! and Weather.com.
(42) Mini Calendar settings now correctly saved to disk in Free mode when Save
Settings button used.
(43) Fixed bug which prevented the Calendar tab displaying as the default tab
on startup in Free mode.
(44) Bug in Mini Calendar month/year controls fixed to prevent program crash.
(45) Forecast.io is now the default provider of weather data in AD due to latency
issues with Yahoo!.
(46) Bug in calculation of Closest Perigee fixed where if closest perigee for
given year had already passed, the closest perigee for the upcoming year was
(47) Bug in Restore Locations feature fixed to take into account change in file
names of location files from 2016 version of AD.
(48) Bug fixed to speed up calculation of solar eclipses where previously the
start date was too far back.
(49) Bug fix to RSS reader which could cause AD to crash if RSS feed was no
(50) Bug fix to AD installer which during upgrade process could at times not
find the necessary upgrade files.
(51) Bug fix to AD to ensure user defined locations take note of WOEID identifiers.
(52) Weather data download function now fixed for Windows XP.
(53) Access to the Julian Calendar function in Windows XP removed.
(54) Link to the Options tab
from the Mini tab now works correctly.
(55) The icons on the Daily and Weekly Diary buttons in the Calendar tab are
no longer greyed out for years where the function is not available. The function
is now made read only.
2016 Revision History
- Build 2, 3rd January 2016
(1) Calculation of the next
perihelion/aphelion (when Sun is closest/furthest away from Earth) amended to
ensure that the result displayed in the Astronomy tab is indeed the next one.
Program crash on startup as a result now fixed.
- Build 1, 14th December 2015
(1) All new engine for the calculation
of the times on moonrise and moonset which is accurate to within one minute
for any location in the world.
(2) All new engine for the weather forecasting using Forecast.io. Forecasts
for next two days are now more descriptive and the time taken to download the
weather data is now much faster with time taken displayed in milleseconds in
the Help tab.
(3) All new engine for the calculation of equinoxes and solstices where times
are accurate to within one minute for any location in the world.
(4) A countdown to the next New Year in days, hours, minutes and seconds is
now displayed in the Clocks tab and updated every second.
(5) New links to rain radar forecasts have been added to the Weather menu for
France, Italy, Spain, Australia and North America.
(6) 1 Year Rise/Set Report added to Reports Tab (Professional Users) which will
display the rise and set times of the Sun or the Moon for each and every day
in the selected calendar year.
(7) 1 Year Planet Rise/Set Report added to Reports Tab (Professional users)
which will display the rise and set times of the selected planet for each and
every day in the selected calendar year.
(8) Vertical scrollbar added
to Sun tab to allow user to choose any date in the year to view Sun/Moon altitude
comparison. Vertical black line is also now displayed to denote the current
(9) New time zone +08.50 hours Pyongyang Time added to database of time zones
to support new North Korean time zone.
(10) Set File Associations function added to Taskbar menu.
(11) Internet hyperlink added to the Lunar Eclipse entry of the Astronomy tab
to connect to the timeanddate.com website which lists upcoming eclipses.
(12) Option now available form the Calendar tab to choose whether the time of
sunrise/sunset and moonrise/moonset for the selected date are shown when the
month or year is changed. A left click of the mouse on either status line brings
up a menu option. This function can help performance on lower-end PCs.
(13) 1 Year + Events Report has been changed to display the dates and times
of all Moon phases for the chosen year.
(14) View + 3 Months Report now available to Standard users.
(15) Appearance of the Help tab improved with
the addition of more icons on the displayed buttons.
(16) Moon tab appearance improved with colour scheme changed to show difference
between home location, the Sun and the Moon data displayed.
(17) The Calendar tab control buttons have been equally spaced either side of
the main calendar date selector.
(18) The Cayman Islands, Norfolk Island and Svalbard have been added to the
CAPITALS list of locations.
(19) The controls of the Print Preview screen are now centered and remain centered
even when the window is resized. Zoom indicator also added.
(20) The full screen button icons in the Location and Sundial tabs have been
changed along with the colour of the status line.
(21) Exchange rates are now updated every 4 hours whilst RSS feeds are updated
on the hour. Weather service updates three times hourly.
(22) Events shown in the Events tab now display quicker when the year is changed.
(23) Twilight area of the Sundial darkened for better contrast.
(24) Free users can now view calendars between 1752 AD and 2150 AD but can now
only print calendars or reports for 2015 and 2016
(25) Image of Pluto updated in the Planets
(26) The Events tab has been removed from the Free version and the Lite version
of the program has been removed.
(27) The Last Phase has been amended in the Astronomy tab to show the date and
time it occurred including how many days have passed.
(28) The size of the 1x8 Desktop Clocks have been slighty increased to be able
to show longer location names.
(29) Yahoo! weather forecasting
replaced by Forecast.io. Yahoo! forecasts now used as a backup.
(30) Bug fixed when home location is changed.
Previously the DST rule for the new location would not update until the next
time AD is run.
(31) The altitude scale shown in the Sun tab will now adjust correctly when
the height of the Sun/Moon is very high or very low.
(32) Bug removed in Moon tab where sometimes using the flick switch would cause
the program to crash.
(33) Flicker eliminated in Sundial tab when current date and time updates.
(34) Flicker eliminated in Planets tab when data updates.
(35) Erroneous location data for Castelldefels in ALL LOCATIONS list corrected.
(36) Background colour to Sun dialog for twilight/daylight areas corrected for
locations close to the North/South Pole.
(37) Delay in displaying the Events tab removed.
(38) Infinite loop bug removed at startup if Moon tab needed updating.
(39) Bug removed for Free users who could sometimes not view calendars after
(40) Bug removed from the Reports tab where printing a report directly without
a preview would sometimes not allow the report to be printed.
(41) Outlook access from the
calendar tab removed for post Windows 7 users due to incompatibility with the
(42) Bugs removed from various reports which would not print correctly if a
Preview not selected first.
2015 Revision History
- Build 1, 1st June 2015
(1) Two new entries have been added to the menu on the Weather
tab which allow you to switch between Celsius/Fahrenheit for temperature and
miles per hour (mph)/kilometres per hour (kph) for wind speed.
The icon for refreshing the weather data in the Weather tab has been changed.
A large number of new locations have been added to the database for Italy, Spain,
UK and the USA.
(4) A number of errors in the location database
have been fixed.
(5) The program will now advise the user when it
cannot download the weather for a given location and advise which location requires
replacing in the weather tab.
v1.01 - Build 1, 4th May 2015
(1) 50 new locations added to
the database (49 for the UK, 1 for Mexico).
(2) Detection of installed version of Windows and installed version of Internet
Explorer improved and now correctly reported in the Diagnose function in the
(3) DST rules amended for locations in Chile, Easter Island, Egypt, Mongolia,
Morocco and Palestinian Territories.
(4) The Mini Calendar tab has been disabled in Windows XP due to compatibility
(5) When the Next Event is displayed in the Calendar tab or the Event tab, if
the date is less than 10 a leading zero is no longer displayed.
(6) Incompatibility with Windows
XP resolved where support for older versions of Internet Explorer had been removed
by third party web-sites. This would cause registration of Anno Domini with
valid details to fail. When downloading support files from the Internet, the
program will now no longer be diverted.
(7) AD now correctly determines
if access to the Internet is blocked (e.g. via firewall or anti-virus) and will
warn the user of this fact when the Diagnose function is used.
(8) Bug fixed which caused
Anno Domini to crash when user attempted to uninstall the program.
v1.00 - Build 1, 29th December 2014
Updates feature added to the Options tab. User can select from automated program
and location data updates with minimum interaction of normal updates with user
choice at each step (default option is automatic).
(2) The Location
tab now displays the date of when Daylight Saving Time begins and ends for the
(3) The Events
tab now shows the currently selected calendar date at the top of the form so
comparison can be made with the next event to occur.
(4) In the Astronomy
tab, a countdown in days is now displayed next to the following functions: Next
Perihelion, Next Aphelion, Next Solstice, Next Perigee and Next Apogee.
(5) All of the
weather satellite images have been revised and a Rain Radar and Pressure Chart
is now available for Europe from the On This Day and Weather tabs.
(6) The Astronomy
tab has two new buttons for Professional users giving access to a tracker for
the International Space Station and access to The Planets Today website which
displays an orrery of the planets in real time.
(7) User Defined
calendar image option removed from Options tab - function can still be used
by clicking the mouse on the Calendar image in the Options tab.
function from Help tab amended to advise of Internet connection status before
diagnostics saved to text file.
(9) The Weather
tab now gives users access to the same Weather menu found in the On This Day
tab which allows users to display infra red and visible satellite maps.
(10) When comparing
locations in the Clocks tab, the background colour of the comparison clock is
now shown in green to give better visibility.
(11) The Event
Editor now allows up to 600 events to be recorded for each scheme created (up
from an original maximum of 200).
(12) A total of
25 Event Schemes can now be created in the Event Editor (up from an original
(13) Event Schemes
can now be renamed and deleted in the Event Editor.
(14) When creating
new events in the Event Editor which fall on a weekend, users can now move the date to the following Wednesday or can exclude either
the Saturday or the Sunday for a given occurrence.
(15) Over 250
new events have been created for use with Anno Domini and are stored in a Master
Event file from which all new Event Schemes are created.
(16) A menu has
been added to the Reports tab allowing you to override the default Windows language
setting of the Reports printed. Reports can be printed in English, French, Italian
of yearly moon phases amended to correctly display multiple instances of full
and new moons in a given month in the Moon Phases tab.
(18) Anno Domini
News feature now correctly checks for new newsletters on each download of weather
updates rather than at set times of the day.
tab now correctly displays correct forecast information when no wind speed is
measured at a selected location.
(20) The display
quality of the Moon image in the Moon tab has been much improved to reduce jagged
(21) Bug removed
where shutting down or restarting Windows from the desktop whilst AD was running
could cause the Windows system to hang or report an Exception error.
(22) Bug removed
where if an RSS Feed was no longer live or working this could cause an Exception
error causing AD to shut down.
(23) Anno Domini
Taskbar menu now correctly fits displays on vertical resolutions of 768 pixels
and above with more items placed on a secondary sub menu.
of the astronomical data displayed in the Planets tab improved.
of Anno Domini location data and program updates completely overhauled to allow
for seamless updating of the program.
(26) The display
of the azimuth and altitude of the Sun and the Moon in the Moon tab is now not
shown when the mouse does not hover over the main display area. Clicking on
the current date or time in the bottom right hand corner of the Moon tab will
display the azimuth and altitude of the Sun and the Moon for the current date
(27) The About
tab now displays the build number along with the version number of the Windows
operating system in use.
(28) When comparing
locations from the Clocks tab, the comparison window will now centre underneath
the main window if the horizontal screen resolution is too low.
(29) When selecting
World or Home for the Sundial map, the display will now go full screen correctly.
Also applies when right clicking the mouse on the Sundial map.
(30) In the
Reports tab, the Centre text and Italics button settings for each report are
now correctly remembered and stored when the Save Margins button is clicked.
(31) If Show At Startup selected
and second instance of Anno Domini run, the main window previously did not display
any controls. Now fixed and correctly displays the main window in the centre
of the screen.
2014 Revision History
v1.00 - Build 1, 1st January 2014
(1) All-new Moon tab added (Professional
Edition only) which shows an enlarged image of the current view of the Moon
reflecting current visible portion of the Moon along with the exact tilt of
the Moon. Users can also set a specific date and time or use the scroll bars
to see the change in tilt in the Moon for a given date and time.
(2) The Weather tab (Professional Edition only) now obtains weather information
from two separate sources. Should one server not be available Anno Domini will
download the weather from the other available service provider.
(3) The Moon image in the Calendar tab has been replaced by a much improved
high resolution image.
(4) New entries added to the Taskbar menu for Windows 8 users including access
to the Windows Store, Windows Apps and Windows Recovery.
(5) New entries added to the Taskbar menu in relation to multiple users of the
same PC giving access to Log Off User, Switch User and Lock Computer.
(6) New entries added to the Taskbar menu in relation to Managing Users and
altering password behaviour.
(7) New entries added to the Taskbar allowing users to run an individual program
and also to access the Windows Task Manager.
(8) New function added to the
Taskbar menu allowing users to enable/disable the Windows Lock screen.
(9) Countdown Solar Event can
now correctly be enabled/disabled in the Options tab.
(10) Crash prevented if download of weather fails due to server down or slow
(11) RSS tab now displays tips correctly when mouse hovered over news item.
(12) Bug in planet data corrected where entries could be 1 hour out of accuracy.
(13) Bosnia & Herzegovina, Serbia and Montenegro correctly reflected on
world maps for Sundial functions.
(14) Automatic detection of new updates to Anno Domini in the Help tab now fixed.
(15) Bug fixed when Show At Startup function disabled would previously display
a blank form on the desktop.
(16) Daylight Saving Time has been amended for the following locations: Tripoli-Libya,
Jerusalem-Israel, Tel Aviv-Israel, Casablanca-Morocco, Marrakech-Morocco and
(17) Date now displayed on each entry of the 5-day weather forecast function
(Professional Edition only).
2013 Revision History
v1.02 - Build 1, 14th July 2013
(1) Further changes made
to the 5-day weather forecast routines to prevent out of memory errors.
v1.01 - Build 1,
3rd June 2013
(1) 5-day weather forecast
data provider has been changed to prevent occurrence of access violations which
caused Anno Domini to crash.
(2) A number of Daylight Saving
Time rules have been amended for 2013 including Amman - Jordan, Suva - Fiji
and Asuncion - Paraguay.
v1.00 - Build 1,
5th November 2012
(1) All-new desktop clock app displaying
your 8 chosen locations along with local time. Each of the locations can be
clicked on with the mouse to obtain a 5 day weather forecast for that location.
The app also displays the current position and altitude of the Sun and the Moon
with quick access to the Astronomy and Weather tabs (Professional Only).
(2) All-new Sun tab gives a daily comparison of the visibility of the Sun and
the Moon above the horizon for any chosen day of the year (Professional Only).
(3) There are now three sets of RSS Feeds (26 per feed) with a drop-down list
to choose between the three sets of feeds. (Professional Only)
(4) Diagnostics feature now displays version number of Windows, 32/64 bit compatibility,
whether Internet Explorer is online, working AD path, whether User Account Control
is enabled and internet connectivity.
(5) Screen Saver Control Panel, Enter Sleep Mode and User Account Control (Win
8/7/Vista) functions added to the Taskbar menu.
(6) AD Work Folder button added to the Help tab giving direct access via Explorer
to the working directory of your installed copy of Anno Domini.
(7) Anno Domini now automates automatic
startup of Anno Domini at Windows logon with full support for User Account Control
(UAC) for Windows 8/7/Vista users with the Run AD at Startup button in the Help
(8) Diagnostics now available from the Anno Domini installer via a dedicated
(9) In-built diagnostic monitor added to startup procedure of Anno Domini to
pinpoint any potential startup issues.
(10) 10 Day weather forecast feature available by clicking any location in the
(11) Right-click your location in the Sundial/Location tab to access Google
Maps for that location.
(12) Two new locations Vatican City and Ponta Delgado-Azores added to the database.
(13) Anno Domini now detects when
Internet access is unavailable and prevents the program from hanging due to
(14) The RSS feeds and Anno Domini News features now always download directly
from the Internet rather than occasionally use a local copy.
(15) Latest Updates feature in the Help tab now working correctly.
(16) The Sundial tab now displays correctly when enlarged if selected as the
(17) Uninstall functionality of Anno Domini amended to support removal of any
installed version of Anno Domini.
(18) The Save Desktop/Restore Desktop buttons
have been removed from the Help tab and functionality has been restricted to
Windows XP/2000 via the Taskbar menu.
(19) Access to Windows Solitaire removed for Windows 8 users.
(20) Daylight Saving Time has been amended for the following locations: Yerevan-Armenia,
Minsk-Belarus, Thimphu-Bhutan, Bangui-C.A.R, Santiago-Chile, Havana-Cuba, Alexandria-Egypt,
Luxor-Egypt, Sharm-el-Sheikh-Egypt, Stanley-Falkland Islands, Suva-Fiji, Papeete-French
Polynesia, Gaza City-Gaza Strip, Port-au-Prince-Haiti, Macau-Macau, Majuro-Marsahll
Islands, Male-Maldives, Palikir-Micronesia, Podgorica-Montenegro, Casablanca-Morocco,
Marrrakech-Morocco, Rabat-Morocco, Moscow-Russia, Rostov-Russia, St. Petersburg-Russia,
Vladivostok-Russia, Volgograd-Russia, Yakutsk-Russia, Ankara-Turkey, Istanbul-Turkey,
2012 Revision History
v1.00 - Build 1,
15th January 2012
(1) Daylight Saving Time has
been amended for the following locations: Suva-Fiji, Havana-Cuba, Apia-Samoa,
Bethlehem-West Bank, Gaza City-Gaza Strip, Minsk-Belarus, Ankara-Turkey, Istanbul-Turkey,
Casablanca-Morocco, Marrakech-Morocco, Rabat-Morocco, Stanley-Falkland Islands,
Santiago-Chile, Moscow-Russia, Rostov-Russia, St Petersburg-Russia, Vladivostok-Russia,
Volgograd-Russia, Yakutz-Russia, Alexandria-Egypt, Cairo-Egypt, Luxor-Egypt,
Sharm-El-Sheikh-Egypt, Bangui-Central African Republic, Podgorica-Montenegro,
Palikir-Micronesia, Thinpu-Bhutan, Male-Maldives, Macau, Marshall Islands-Majuro
and Papeete-French Polynesia.
(2) The On This Day database has been updated with new events from 2006 up to
(3) The RSS Feeds now doubled to 52 in number with drop-down list to choose
between the two sets of 26 feeds.
(4) The evaluation period of Anno Domini has now changed to a period of 21 days
for the Standard mode. After 21 days the program reverts to Lite mode and will
no longer enter Free mode on the 29th day but stay permanently in Lite mode
until the program is registered.
(5) During the 28 day evaluation period of Anno Domini, the program will no
longer prompt you before you can exit the program.
(6) Hovering on an RSS Feed now
correctly displays further information on that story.
(7) Numerous corrections to the formatting of the display of the 5 day weather
(8) Print Preview now displays correctly in Windows 7.
2011 Revision History
v1.00 - Build 1,
4th January 2011
(1) A 3D interactive Sundial has been added to the Calendar
tab replacing the Nature image when the Moon Phases option has been selected.
(2) DST News button added to the Location tab giving access
to the latest changes in Daylight Saving Time around the world via the Internet.
(3) System Restore points can now be created from the Anno
Domini Taskbar menu in Windows 7.
(4) Daylight Saving Time (DST) rule changes for 2011 have been
made to the location database for the following countries: Chile, Egypt, Israel,
Morocco, Namibia, Samoa, Syria.
(5) Accuracy of rise/set times for planets Mercury, Venus,
Mars and Jupiter increased in the Astronomy tab.
(6) Currently selected RSS News Feed automatically stored as
default selection for when Anno Domini is next run.
About tab now displays which version number of Windows you are using.
Birthdays link in the On This Day tab has been changed.
(9) Corrections made to the display of the Sundial
when viewed in full-screen mode.
(10) Correction made to the display of the home
location in the Sundial when differing locations selected but not chosen from
(11) Corrections made to the display of the Time
Zone map in the Locations tab.
(12) Correction made to the display of the Print
Preview of the currently selected Report.
(13) Correction made to display of Ticker in Calendar
tab to prevent text spilling over one line.
(14) Corrections made to the formatting of the display
of the 5 day Weather Forecasts.
(15) Correction made to the display of the naming
of Pluto in the Planets tab.
(16) Correction made to the display of the Desktop
Clocks in Windows 7.
(17) Various memory leaks have been removed.
(18) Bug removed preventing selection of a user-defined
location to interrogate current weather forecast.
(19) Bug removed which prevented the Weekly Diary
being available for years between 2011 and 2020.
(20) Bug removed which prevented diary entries being
printed for years between 2010 and 2020.
2010 Revision History
v1.01 - Build 1, 17th May
1) Daylight Saving Time (DST)
rule changes can now be downloaded automatically via periodic Internet updates.
2) All locations are now available to be chosen in alphabetical order according
to city/town name in the Location tab.
3) Changes to Daylight Saving Time (DST) have been made to the following locations:
Apia/Samoa, Asuncion/Paraguay, Buenos Aires/Argentina, Dhaka/Bangladesh, Godthab/Greenland,
Islamabad/Pakistan, Jerusalem/Israel, Karachi/Pakistan, Mexico City/Mexico,
- Build 1, 1st January 2010
(1) Weather forecasts for your 8
chosen locations updated every 20 minutes (Pro Only).
(2) Display the local time instantly for any location in the Anno Domini database.
(3) Daylight Saving Time start and end times have now been added for each location
in the database.
(4) Ability to shut down, hibernate or log off the PC at a set date/time of
(5) Ability to calculate commission on currency conversions (Pro Only).
(6) Calculation of the visible angle of tilt of the Moon has now been improved
to within 1 degree.
(7) News and weather ticker added to the main Calendar tab.
(8) Completely revised location database with many new additions.
(9) Anno Domini interface updated to be fully compatible with XP/Vista/7 Windows
(10) Anno Domini is now fully compatible with Windows 7 and Vista and allows
the use of User Account Control and automatic loading on Windows startup.
2009 Revision History
- Build 1, 1st December 2008
(1) Automatic Program Updater via
(2) Location lists by country.
(3) Location lists in full alphabetical
(4) Introduction of Anno Domini
2008 Revision History
- Build 1, 15th September 2008
(1) On the Help tab, the Email Support button
now has been changed to have a dynamically changing e-mail address for support
questions from users. This will prevent spammers from using the support e-mail
box as a target for spam.
- Build 1, 1st July 2008
(1) The database of locations has been fully
revised and updated to reflect new rules for many countries around the world
for Daylight Saving Time.
(2) A bug in the Currency Converter
has been removed allowing currency conversion rates to be downloaded daily again.
v1.00 - Build 1, 20th January
(1) New Comics button in the On
This Day tab allows access to daily comic strips for Garfield, Peanuts, Dilbert
and Andy Capp to be viewed from the Internet;
(2) The current calendar image can
now be replaced by any JPEG file allowing for the same image to be used in the
(3) The diary system has been extended
to allow entries for years 2011 and 2012;
(4) Windows Security Settings can
now be obtained in XP/Vista via the Anno Domini menu;
(5) Vista Users can now access the
Microsoft Configurartion tool via the Anno Domini menu;
(6) Access to FTSE350 and Dow Jones
share prices is now available from the Conversions tab;
(7) The AutoRun Editor is now available to Standard
users in the Options tab;
(8) User Account Control is now automatically
disabled in Windows Vista during installation for full compatibility;
(9) Nag screens removed when program is unregistered
during the first 10 days of the trial.
2007 Revision History
v1.03 - Build 1, 1st October
(1) New locations added for Calcutta, Chennai,
Jakarta, Islamabad, Karachi, Kathmandu, New Delhi, Sapporo, Pretoria and Tashkent;
(2) The font used in the Moon Phases, Events
and Astronomy tabs has been changed to improve visibility on LCD displays.
(3) Daylight Saving Time Rules
changed for many locations to bring Anno Domini into line with the latest 2007
v1.02 - Build 1, 20th February 2007
(1) Holding down the CONTROL key whilst
accessing any Internet enabled button bypasses the default Internet browser
and will instead use Internet Explorer.
(2) Mozilla Firefox is now fully supported by Anno
Domini if it is the default Internet browser.
(3) New rules for Daylight Saving Time (DST) in
the USA and Canada from 2007 onwards are now supported both in the Event Editor
and the location database of North American locations;
(4) New locations added for Athens-Greece, Baja
California-Mexico, Chihuahua-Mexico and Mazatlan-Mexico;
(5) The in-built help is now accessible
in Windows Vista;
(6) The Sundial is now correctly
displayed on widescreen (1440 x 900) displays when the full-screen option is
(7) Clock Comparisons are now correctly
displayed on widescreen (1440 x 900) displays;
(8) Corrections made to the following
locations: Athens, Thessalonika, Tblisi and Amman;
(9) Corrections made to Daylight
Saving Time for locations in Brazil, Iceland, Egypt, Iran, New Zealand, Israel,
Mexico and Uruguay;
(10) Correction made to spelling
of Newfoundland Time in time zone list.
v1.01 - Build 1, 30th January 2007
(1) Anno Domini is now fully compatible
with Windows Vista;
(2) Support added for 1440x900 screen
resolution for saving icon positions.
(3) Bug removed preventing installation
of Anno Domini with Windows Vista;
(4) During removal of Anno Domini,
users now have choice to remove the program immediately via a reboot or to remove
Anno Domini when the PC is next rebooted;
(5) Bug removed during installation
which previously could cause installation to continue before the necessary program
fonts have been installed;
(6) README.DOC file replaced with
README.RTF for better compatibility;
(7) Changes made to allow access
to Solitaire, FreeCell, Backup, Restore and Sound Volume in Windows Vista.
v1.00 - Build 1, 24th September 2006
(1) Full local language support
allowing calendars to be viewed and printed in the currently selected Windows
(2) List of international telephone
dialling codes now available in the Contacts tab;
(3) 19 extra new currencies are
now available in the Euro tab of the Conversion Calculator;
(4) Wikipedia biographies are now
available via the Internet when clicking on any of the images of famous people
in the On This Day dialog;
(5) Revised events database now
includes calculations for Chinese New Year and Passover dates;
(6) Revised location database with
option of view locations in Degrees/Minutes/Seconds format;
(7) Diary entries now available
for the year 2010;
(8) Option now available to automatically
backup Anno Domini data without prompt;
(9) Famous quotations increased
to 700 for Plus! Pack users.
(10) Weekly Diary View now available
to Lite users;
(11) Lunar and Solar Eclipse predictions
now available to Standard users in the Astronomy tab;
(12) Automatic Atomic Clock synchronization
of the PC clock now available to Standard users;
(13) Real-Time Astronomy function
now available to Standard users;
(14) Conversion Calculator dialog
now available to Standard users;
(15) 1 Year + Events and 1 Year
+ View reports now available to Standard users replacing the 3 Month With View
and 3 Year Vertical reports;